Sunday, February 6, 2011

11 weeks

So the official number is just under 5 lbs. That is how much Jane has gained so far. Doesn't look like much but she can't fit into her pants like she used to. I tried to take her to the store today to buy some stretchy pants but after our 7 mile hike through the Monument she was wiped out. Overall her mood has been pretty good during the pregnancy. She hasn't gone totally crazy on me yet... I know what that is like and it is not fun!
Yesterday I had to buy some Metamucil for the young soon to be mom cause she was uncomfortable. Well, you know what I mean and after 2 hours she felt alright! She should have closed the bathroom door though. I am just saying.
We are looking forward to being done with the first trimester (next week). All the major parts and organs are formed in the fetus and now it's time to just get bigger. We haven't moved any closer to names and I feel that until I see it that I won't really be attached to any particular name. I am not personally leaning toward having a boy or a girl and will be very happy with either one.

We had a nice light hike today while enjoying the partly sunny conditions just minutes from our apt. Behind me lies the Grand Mesa and they for sure picked up some snow as all those clouds backed up as they they the 10,000ft plateau. I am an old man these days and need my walking sticks to get around. Plus Jane makes me carry that big ole pack full of her goodies.
We did see the doctor this week for our second visit and things are looking as good as they can. We heard a heartbeat and found out that Jane is officially healthy. Jane's blood type is O+, the most common one around.
Next week we will make sure that anyone who doesn't know that Jane is making a baby finds out so feel free to tell any other family members or close friends. It's baby time.
Lastly, I try to talk to the fetus once a day. Don't know what it thinks or what it can hear but he gets to hear me talk talk talk. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, we shall see in a few more months.
See you all soon,
Jane and piz : )

No comments:

Post a Comment